Buy a home without making the down payment!
A Florida first time home buyer is a Florida resident that has not owned a home in 3 years. The Bond or assistance money can be used for your down payment, if you need more I can have the seller pay for it, this is common practice.
There are also HUD buyer programs, and city programs that may work for you. In some cases you attend a 1 day state funded class about home buying and receive a certificate qualifying you for the assistance.
- You will need at least a 640 credit score. If you do not know your credit score take a look for free at www.CreditKarma.com .
- You have been in the same line of work for at least 2 years.
- You will need a Debt-To-Income Ratio (DTI) LESS than 45%. To find your DTI take your total monthly bills and divide by your total monthly income.
- Example: car payment $500 + Phone $50 + water bill $50 + auto insurance $50 = $650 (do not include rent since you new mortgage payment will replace rent).
- Total gross monthly income from a verified employer $2,000
- DTI = $650 divided by $2,000 = 32% DTI